The Varavon Armor Pocket Cage with Handle for BMPCC is an accessory mounting solution for your Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. It is machined from aluminum alloy for a precision fit and anodized for corrosion resistance. The cage fits around an available camera and two included 1/4"-20 screws secure your camera to the cage via the top and bottom mounting holes. The cage features multiple 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting points for available accessories. A cold shoe is incorporated into the design, and the included top handle slides into the cage's cold shoe and is secured by a 1/4"-20 tie-down screw.
The cage features space to access the cable connections and locking thumbscrews that secure attached cables. The design allows access to the battery compartment without removing the camera from the cage. An included cold shoe adapter mounts to the top handle, so that the cage/top handle maintains the camera's accessory mounting capabilities. The unit includes a camera base with incorporated 15mm rod clamps, and the rod clamps feature spring-loaded locking levers. The baseplate fits into a channel on the tripod plate, allowing you to adjust the balance of the cage on a tripod.
- Cable clamping screws secure your cables to the camera so they won't pull out. Please note, do not carry your camera/armor cage by an attached cable.
- The camera base raises the camera so you can use it with available rod mounted accessories.
- The camera base incorporates a dovetail mounting foot that engages the dovetail channel of the tripod plate. This allows you to slide the base within the channel to balance your rig. Seven 1/4"-20 threaded holes along the channel allow you to lock the base to the tripod plate.
- The dovetail mounting foot features three 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes, which you can use to mount the base to available 1/4"-20 accessories.
- You can mount the tripod plate directly to an available tripod or mount available camera plates to the bottom of the tripod plate for use with your tripod.